Our Consortium h1 >
The Myasthenia Gravis Rare Disease Network (MGNet) is a consortium of academic medical centers partnering with the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America and Conquer MG as well as collaborators in other research groups and industry. We are working together to enhance therapeutic development for this rare disease.
MGNet is part of the National Institutes of Health’s Rare Diseases Clinical Research Network (RDCRN) and is funded by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) and the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS).
Myasthenia Gravis (MG) and its subtypes:
- Early-onset acetylcholine receptor (AChR) antibody (Ab) positive MG, which primarily affects women
- Late-onset AChR Ab positive MG with a disease bias towards men
- Paraneoplastic thymoma-associated MG
- Muscle specific kinase (MuSK) Ab positive
- AChR/MuSK antibody negative MG